This pull towards home - dieser Sog nach Hause (Jeff Foster)

Sometimes the path is badly lit. We stumble over ourselves in the dark. All tangled limbs, falling. Hands reaching out to grab us. Strange things there, unnameable, lonely, longing. Stay close to me, my love. Keep hold of my hand. No, I do not know the way! Yes, I am as lost as you are!

But I feel ... I feel this love. I cannot explain it. There is a light in the darkness! There is a call of the heart,  I have felt it for years. It is my only guide, this yearning. This pull towards home. We are lost, yes, but we are held. Beckoned by something ancient. Stay close to me. Breathe, my love. I will not leave you here.

Prayer. Hands that are weary from labor and still have strength to fold in prayer are the strongest hands in the world at that moment.:

Manchmal ist der Weg schlecht beleuchtet. Wir stolpern über uns im Dunkeln.
Alle verhedderten Gliedmaßen versagenHände strecken sich, um uns zu fassen.
Seltsame Dinge da - unbenennbareinsam, sich sehnend. Bleib mir nahe, meine Liebe.
Halte meine Hand fest.

Nein, ich weiß den Weg nicht! Ja, ich bin auch wie du verloren!
Aber ich fühle...ich fühle diese Liebe. Ich kann es nicht erklären.
Es gibt ein Licht in der Dunkelheit! Da ist ein Ruf des Herzens;
ich habe es seit Jahren gefühlt. Es ist meine einzige Führung,
dieses Sehnen; dieser Sog nach Hause.

Ja, wir sind verloren - aber wir werden gehalten.
Etwas Uraltes winkt uns zuBleib mir nahe.
Atme, meine Liebe. Ich werde dich nicht verlassen.

Comments

Popular Posts